Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I love Ketchup!


Ok so I know I’ll wear out the “travel as an influence” theme very quickly if I haven’t already been dismissed as a pretentious showoff for bringing it up in the first place but really it is a major influence in my life and no matter how close I stay to home or far a field I go travel plays a crucial role in me as a person and therefore my design.
I pay close attention to things around me and as an aspiring graphic designer I did my best to look at things that were relevant to my field, one of the things that is easiest to spot and there are more than plenty examples of are packaging and advertising.
It is interesting to see there take on a particular brand that we also have since then you can compare the differences between ours and theirs, an example of this I found on billboards in the form of Heinz Tomato Ketchup adds. Now first off I can only really compare it to Southern California since that is where I’ve been living but I haven’t seen a billboard for ketchup for as long as I can remember but in Dublin they were everywhere. As well as being everywhere I also hadn’t seen the billboards even in magazine advert form before and I quite liked the whole idea behind them. The had a photo of a ketchup spill with a stem in it to make it look like a tomato growing with the tag line “no one grows ketchup like Heinz.” Quite genius I thought.
Here are some other examples of packaging and advertising from Dublin.

No comments:

Post a Comment